Traditional Kansa Katori
Kansa or Kamsya, as written in many books gives a sharp sound, is soft, smooth to touch and clear from impurities. This is also good for cooking due to its therapeutic quality (galib, Barve et el, 2011.). The formulations of bronze of ‘Pittala’ are beneficial in diseases. The Thatheras are well versed in this knowledge and let us know if asked.
Kansa also called bell metal in english is one of the best metals to eat food from, it is an alloy of tin and copper, both metals being considerably good for health. There are certain ways to test the authenticity of the metal, eg. it a breakable metal and if beaten with another metal/ material acts as a singing bowl.
- Size in Inches (lxbxh): 4 x 4 x 2
- Finish: Golden Finish with lines (73% copper 27% tin roughly)
- Weight in kg: 0.2 – 0.25
- Capacity in L: 0.25
- Note: Any variation in weight & size are the characteristic of handcrafted products.
- Kansa materials are liked for their health properties
- But the use of brass was something that existed even for it was researched
- In the 14th century, people living in the India subcontinent believed the use of metals is vital
- Especially when it came to cooking brass and copper metals were deemed extremely important
- This encourages both the health and the well being of people then ad now.
Disclaimer:- Since we provide unique and handcrafted products, there can be a slight difference with regards to dimensions and weight.
Let’s Get Back to Our Traditions – Ecohindu.in
|BUY ANY 2 KITCHENWARE GET ADDITIONAL 5% OFF||5% ₹949.05|
|BUY ANY 3 KITCHENWARE GET ADDITIONAL 7.5% OFF||7.5% ₹924.08|
|BUY ANY 4 KITCHENWARE GET ADDITIONAL 10% OFF||10% ₹899.10|